ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Manu Sikka <manusi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Class MedicationAllergyModifier
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 02:27:15 GMT
Also where is the actual logic for "medication  in the context of allergy".  I looked at the
class MedicationAllergyModifier but it seemed to be pretty empty.  Is the sentence parsed
and then the keywords allergy/allergies and medication , if they occur in the same sentence,
suggestive of a allergy i.e what is the logic behind this?
Thanks againManu

From: manusikka@hotmail.com
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Class MedicationAllergyModifier
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 22:23:20 -0400

I ran text in the CAS which included medication which the patient was allergic to but the
class MedicationAllergyModifier did not catch it.  It caught the medication which is good
but it is concerning that the medication was not caught in the context of allergy, but as
a general medication similar to what the patient takes.  In this case it was a penicillin
allergy.
ThanksManu