ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Ajay Jain <goti...@hotmail.com>
Subject cTAKES handling of fractions in dosage
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:46:59 GMT
Hi,
I am running the DrugAggregatePlainTextUMLSProcessor and noticing that cTAKES is not handling
fractions for medication dosage correctly.  For example,
"Benadryl 1/2 tsp 3 times daily"
produces a MedicationMention with a dosage of 2.  Having tried different fractions (1/2, 1/3,
2/4, etc.), apparently the dosage is always set to the digit on the right of the '/'.  I am
wondering if this is a documented issue with cTAKES (I am using cTAKES version 3.1).  Thanks
in advance.
Jain