ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Searles <dukek...@gmail.com>
Subject Build from source
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 21:23:15 GMT
Newbie here.  I downloaded cTakes source through maven according to these
instructions<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.1+Developer+Install+Guide>.
 I am using Eclipse Standard 4.3.2 (Kepler).  I have all (stated)
prerequisites installed.  I get about 70 errors, many of which are like...

Archive for required library: 'C:/Users/<my
username>/.m2/repository/org/apache/lucene/lucene-core/4.0.0/lucene-core-4.0.0.jar'
in project 'ctakes-dependency-parser' cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP
file ctakes-dependency-parser
Archive for required library: 'C:/Users/<my
username>/.m2/repository/org/springframework/spring-context/3.1.0.RELEASE/spring-context-3.1.0.RELEASE.jar'
in project 'ctakes-assertion-res' cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file
ctakes-assertion-res
Execution default of goal org.cleartk:jcasgen-maven-plugin:0.9.3:generate
failed: A required class was missing while executing
org.cleartk:jcasgen-maven-plugin:0.9.3:generate:
org/apache/uima/tools/jcasgen/IError

I assume that means I need to have Lucene and the Spring Framework
installed.  Shouldn't Maven have grabbed these automatically from Maven
Central?  What is the prescribed way of installing them?  I assume it is
not to download them directly from a browser, then Properties-->Java Build
Path.  I tried right clicking on one of the folders-->Maven-->Add
Dependency, and added...

Group Id: org.apache.lucene
Artifact Id: lucene-core

Group Id: org.springframework
Artifact Id: spring-core

But that didn't help.  One clarification, I am just trying to use cTakes in
an application.  I am not currently trying to contribute to cTakes (in
which case, should I just be adding a Maven dependency to cTakes from my
own project?).  Newbie.  Lost.  Help.  Thanks.