ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "John David Osborne (Campus)" <ozb...@uab.edu>
Subject YTEX Integration Results/ LVG
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 20:19:14 GMT
Hello!

This is my first post to the list, I'm a graduate student at UAB in the CORAL lab (with Steven
Bethard) and I also work at UAB as a research associate.

I have been working on testing the integration of YTEX that Vijay has done. I followed the
directions Vijay wrote and got the YTEX branch of CTAKES running (YTEXPipeline.xml). The only
couple of problems I ran into were:

1) A typo in ctakes-ytex-uima/desc/analysis_engine/YTEXPipeline.xml around line 81. I ended
up just removing the configuration parameter, deleting rows 78-83.
2) Problems with LVG. During setup I got the warning from SetupAuiFirstWord that\ "lvgdesc/analysis_engine/LvgAnnotator.xml"
is not available and that it couldn't initialize LVG. I wasn't too surprised since the instructions
didn't mention installation of LVG (it doesn't appear to be part of the other downloads) but
it is unclear to me whether ytex in cTAKES is still using LVG – I assume it is?

Vijay, would it be okay to install the 2014 edition of LVG? I'm guessing it has only been
tested with the 2008 version?

Also, the path looks wrong, there is no "lvgdesc" directory  - the descriptor file is in desc/ctakes-lvg/desc/analysis_engine/LvgAnnotator.xml.

--
John David Osborne
Research Associate