ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From John Green <john.travis.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Brat
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 12:20:32 GMT
You're too kind Pei, with the phrase "your analysis" ... What I was
thinking was Brat for both annotations (forward), but also data
visualization (backward in Brat). I know we can visualize a little with
UIMA's tools, but I like the layout of Brat for a 1000 yard-look of the
data that I will be formulating a hypothesis on (or have in this case); for
instance, right now, Im looking at the I2B2 data a lot, as well as some
note sets my informatics department has as I write my IRB proposal, and it
just seems having this larger look would be helpful for me narrowing the
scope of the study based on the limitations of the data.

I've been thinking of doing something similar to brat in
Django/Python/Twitter Bootstrap, but I hate reinventing wheels.

But, maybe I am missing something and another visually rich representation
of the CAS is available?

JG