ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McMurry <mcmurry.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Brat
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 09:18:00 GMT
I'm also interested in showing BRAT annotations and might be able to spare a few cycles towards
that goal.

BioNLP has a really nice display of BRAT for the Cancer shared task
http://2013.bionlp-st.org/tasks/cancer-genetics

On Feb 11, 2014, at 6:06 AM, Jörn Kottmann <kottmann@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/07/2014 07:49 PM, William Karl Thompson wrote:
>> OpenNLP has some code that takes brat annotation files and creates "BratAnnotation"
object instances. I've taken the code and modified it (simplified in some ways) to generate
cTAKES annotations, using a "BratAnnotator" analysis engine that reads in brat annotation
files. I would be happy to share that code with anyone who wants to look at it and make it
better!

> We worked quite a bit with brat for training the OpenNLP Name Finder. As part of this
project we the format support was developed.
> In my opinion it works best if you just support the format your training data is in and
then train all the models on it directly, rather than
> using converters to transform it into a different format for training.
>
> It would probably be very useful for some to have a nice UIMA integration to read in
a brat corpus for training and validation.