ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Brat
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 12:29:28 GMT
On 08.02.2014, at 13:20, John Green <john.travis.green@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I was
> thinking was Brat for both annotations (forward), but also data
> visualization (backward in Brat).
>
> But, maybe I am missing something and another visually rich representation
> of the CAS is available?

There is WebAnno [1], which uses the brat Javascripts to render/edit annotations in the
browser and which uses the UIMA CAS in the backend. Currently, WebAnno supports only a
subset of the DKPro Core type system. We are currently working on user-definable types
though.

Data can currently be imported/exported in e.g. in CoNLL 2006 format. We do not support
the Brat data format yet, but if you cook up something under the Apache License, we may
actually adopt and adapt that ;)

If you are interested, there is a standalone JAR version available for a quick test drive.

Cheers,

-- Richard

[1] https://code.google.com/p/webanno/