ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From andy mcmurry <mcmurry.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Represent your project at ApacheCon
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:24:20 GMT
I'm hoping to attend.
If I were to present, it would be using NLP to find evidence of DNA
mutations causing disease. Interesting topic (for me at least) but I'm not
sure if ApacheCON would be into it.

PS: the radio silence is because I've been working on both the VM and a
wrapper for REST that runs in the JVM (clojure). Clojure, having its
origins in LISP, is a better fit for serious NLP work than Groovy however,
groovy is probably easier for a novice to understand. (which is important).
These days everyone understands REST, so the idea of providing a VM with
REST support for NLP services is highly attractive (to me at least).

Does this interest anyone else?

--AndyMC