ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Chase Master <chasemast...@gmail.com>
Subject what dictates full medication mention?
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 19:29:56 GMT
Hi,

I have a quick question.  When I run the cTAKES drugNER module on
"Ibuprofen 100 MG" and "Propranolol 40 MG", I get an annotation for both
Ibuprofen 100MG and Ibuprofen for the first case, but for the second case I
only get Propranolol, by itself.  It does show the strength as 40MG for
Propranolol, but it doesn't create a medication mention with full covered
text as "Propranolol 40 MG".
Both of these have the same semantic type, I noticed ( [T200]).

Thanks,
Chase