ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From vijay garla <vnga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 22:17:43 GMT
Hi Vlad,

All of ytex has been moved into ctakes, it is currently in a branch (
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/branches/ytex).  You don't have to
install ytex-0.8 - instead you will have to build and install from the ytex
branch to create your own distribution.  Steps 2 & 3 are correct.

Although it is a pain, if you have the jdk, maven, and svn, you can easily
build your own distro:
* open a command prompt
* make sure jdk, maven, and svn are in your path
* cd to some directory where you want to check stuff out (I like c:\temp)
* run the following commands
rmdir /s /q ctakes
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/branches/ytex ctakes
cd ctakes
mvn clean install -DskipTests

And you will have the ctakes (with ytex) distro in
ctakes\ctakes-distribution\target\apache-ctakes-3.1.2-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip

What is the process for getting the ytex branch merged into trunk?  As I
mentioned, there are very few changes to other ctakes classes/types - this
should be completely complementary and not affect any existing ctakes
functionality.

-vj