ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From vijay garla <vnga...@gmail.com>
Subject YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2014 03:21:52 GMT
Hello All,

I have finished an initial cut at the port of YTEX to cTAKES 3.1.1.  Most
of the YTEX functionality has been ported and integrated with cTAKES, and
I've tested with MySQL and MS SQL Server (oracle tests pending).

Most of the changes were made in new projects - very little existing cTAKES
code has been modified.  The only non-trivial changes are
in /ctakes-assertion/src/main/java/org/apache/ctakes/assertion/medfacts/i2b2/api
- here I modified CharacterOffsetToLineTokenConverterCtakesImpl &
SingleDocumentProcessorCtakes to deal with newlines within sentences
correctly.  Can somebody take a look at the changes in the ytex branch?

I believe that the branch
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/branches/ytex is ready to be merged
into ctakes trunk, but would like other users to test it as well.
 Questions:

* How can I distribute the ctakes binary distribution to ytex users before
the merge? Can we make the branch build available somewhere?  The binary
distribution is too large to host on the ytex google code site (max 200 MB)
* Non-ASF libraries - I have segregated these out into their own zip file
that can be distributed via sourceforge.  As a stopgap, I can upload this
to the ytex google code site, but would prefer to upload to sourceforge.
* UMLS Derivatives - Ditto for these - would like to move to sourceforge.
* Documentation - How can I update the confluence docs?  I would migrate
the documentation from the google code website.

Here the installation instructions (putting the wagon in front of the horse
...)

https://code.google.com/p/ytex/wiki/Installation_cTAKES_3_1?ts=1388793998&updated=Installation_cTAKES_3_1

Best,

VJ