ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: YTEX cTAKES 3.1.1 ready
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 15:35:07 GMT
> * How can I distribute the ctakes binary distribution to ytex users before the
> merge? Can we make the branch build available somewhere?  The binary
> distribution is too large to host on the ytex google code site (max 200 MB)
Is this for testing purposes?  Or official release? If it's just for testing, there will be
more options...
Are you referring to the convenience binary/zip file?  Or maven artifacts that could be deployed
to the SNAPSHOTS repo [1]?
If it's for testing, you can always have users build from source via mvn package (assuming
you added the ytex* to the ctakes-distribution module)?
Again if it's for testing, you can always try the svn or home dir.  But it's not the recommended
channel for actual distribution to users because that normally has to go through the normal
release process (Voting, etc.).

> * Non-ASF libraries - I have segregated these out into their own zip file that
> can be distributed via sourceforge.  As a stopgap, I can upload this to the ytex
> google code site, but would prefer to upload to sourceforge.
Are these optional 3rd party libs available via maven central?

> * UMLS Derivatives - Ditto for these - would like to move to sourceforge.
Are you planning to distribute them via maven central?  I think it would be nice to make these
available as maven artifacts.
If so, what is your sourceforge id? We can grant you access to the existing ctakes resourcse
project [2]:
The pom.xml is already setup to upload to OSS Sonatype (request a login for oss sonatype to
perform a mvn deploy for the actual upload later on)...

> * Documentation - How can I update the confluence docs?  I would migrate
> the documentation from the google code website.
This would be great; You've been added to the cTAKES confluence space [3].

Downloading the code now... To be continued...

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/ctakes/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/p/ctakesresources/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES