ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject How are cTAKES resources distributed via Maven Central?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:23:07 GMT
Hi

I was looking if/how cTAKES distributes resources via Maven Central. I found some, but I am
actually quite a bit confused now.

There are the <component>-res artifacts [1], like ctakes-pos-tagger-res. These have
a JAR and a sources-JAR. The JAR is practically empty, but the sources-JAR appears to contain
the actual resources. Is there a special reason for this?

Additionally, there is the ctakes-resources-distribution which is distributed as a "bin.zip"
via Maven Central. It appears to contain UMLS data. Has it been replaced by ctakes-resources-umls2011ab
in 3.1.1? The ctakes-resources-umls2011ab JAR actually contains data, contrary to the <component>-res
JARs mentioned above. Why is there data in this JAR, but not in the <component>-res
JARs?

/me scratching head…

Please enlighten me :)

Cheers,