ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sentence detector newline behavior
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 20:54:32 GMT
On 01/27/2014 08:44 PM, Tim Miller wrote:

> That is a good point, and something I was wondering about. Having now
> looked at both the ctakes and opennlp code for the sentence splitter
> it seems like there is a lot of overlap. I would've thought it was
> just a matter of converting annotations into our type system. So I'm
> curious if there is some justification for why there seems to be
> duplication (or if I'm hallucinating it).

It should be possible (and if not we should make it possible) to
directly use the opennlp-uima integration. It supports dynamic types
which can be mapped in the descriptor.
This would also give you a smooth transition, your existing integration
could be labeled as deprecated and be removed in one of the future releases.

Jörn