ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sentence detector newline behavior
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:25:03 GMT
Hi all,

currently I have quite a bit of time to work on OpenNLP, and would like
to help you
out with this issue.

Here is the follow up issue for this change:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-602

I am still trying to figure out what would be the best option to
implement this.
In the training data a user could just use a special tag to identify the
chars.

Instead of <NEWLINE> it might be better to use <CR> and <LF> to encode
these two chars
in the training data. Any thoughts?

I am planning to release this as part of OpenNLP 1.6.0.

Thanks,
Jörn