ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cTAKES Groovy...
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:28:09 GMT
Anybody who has been using OpenNLP via Maven (not Groovy grapes) should already have that in
their local .m2 repos.

While the library is not on Maven Central, OpenNLP fetches it from some other repository that
is declared in the OpenNLP POM. I believe that Grape does not take additional repositories
declared in the OpenNLP POM into account when resolving artifacts.

Afaik, the next version of OpenNLP will no longer have that dependency because the coreference
module that used it has been moved to the attic.

-- Richard

On 06.12.2013, at 17:14, "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu> wrote:

> Thanks Sean.
>
> Something doesn't seem to be working for me related to getting dependencies.
>
> I did a wget of the parser.groovy that Tim just checked in today.
>
> Then trying to run that groovy script I get this error:
>
> $  groovy parser.groovy  test-data-for-groovy/
> org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
> General error during conversion: Error grabbing Grapes -- [unresolved dependency: jwnl#jwnl;1.3.3:
not found]
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error grabbing Grapes -- [unresolved dependency: jwnl#jwnl;1.3.3:
not found]

> So I tried this (I'm no grape expert but a google search led to this suggestion) but
it fails:
> $ grape -V resolve   jwnl  jwnl 1.3.3
>
> I see the following issue was created by opennlp that looks related
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-510
> saying that jwnl:jwnl 1.3.3 is no longer available (!)
>
> What I don't get is why no one else is seeing this error.
> Maybe everyone else already had that in their local maven repos? Hard to believe though
given OPENNLP-510 is from May 2012.