ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Chase Master <chasemast...@gmail.com>
Subject help getting MedicationStrength
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 16:43:54 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to grab results after running the DrugNER AE using the UIMA
framework.

I am able to print all the results to the console using:

FSIterator it = jcas.getAnnotationIndex(MedicationMention.type).iterator();

if (it.hasNext()) {
MedicationMention med = (MedicationMention) it.next();
System.out.println(med.toString());
}

However, I want to grab specific values.  I have used these successfully:
med.getMedicationStatusChange().getCategory();
med.getMedicationRoute().getCategory();
med.getPolarity();

However, I can't seem to get the Medication Strength value and unit.  I
don't see a 'getNumber' method that works for MedicationStrengthModifier
type.  This is what I have so far:

MedicationStrengthModifier strength= strength.getMedicationStrength();

do I use something like:
strength.getNormalizedForm()...

but I still don't see how to get the number and unit.

Maybe this is all wrong...please advise :)

Thanks!