ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Documentation
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:41:29 GMT
Hi John,

As far as documentation, I doubt you are missing anything

It all really starts from
http://ctakes.apache.org/
but with most of it on the confluence wiki
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/

And then yes there are bits and pieces spread across old posts.

As far as code, you might try taking a look at any of these
https://issues.apache.org/jira/i#browse/CTAKES-217
https://issues.apache.org/jira/i#browse/CTAKES-155
https://issues.apache.org/jira/i#browse/CTAKES-66

Or any other JIRA issue that doesn't have an assignee.
Or if you see an open issue with an assignee that looks interesting, you could also ask if
someone is in the middle of a fix or not.

I also plan to post or checkin some a groovy script for running the AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor
today or tomorrow. The version I am working on doesn't do the dynamic downloading of the required
components - I am taking the tactic of assuming the user downloaded a cTAKES binary and the
separately downloadable resources.

I think it would be great if you could try it out, and perhaps extend so there is a way to
run an example of each component to give people an idea of what each component can do, as
has been discussed on the dev@ mailing list.

Another task might be to point out where you think the documentation is most scattered and
maybe we can address that.

-- James