ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: scala and groovy
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 21:14:07 GMT
My experience this week with groovy and grapes has been one of frustration.

Having an issue with  download failed: org.springframework#spring-asm;3.1.0.RELEASE!spring-asm.jar

So I pared things down to a simple script of four lines:

#!/usr/bin/env groovy
@Grab(group='org.cleartk', module='cleartk-util', version='0.9.2')
import java.io.File;
System.out.println("Hello World with @Grab annotations");

And those four lines still result in the following:

Resolving dependency: org.cleartk#cleartk-util;0.9.2 {default=[default]}
Preparing to download artifact org.cleartk#cleartk-util;0.9.2!cleartk-util.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.apache.uima#uimaj-core;2.4.0!uimaj-core.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.uimafit#uimafit;1.4.0!uimafit.jar
Preparing to download artifact args4j#args4j;2.0.16!args4j.jar
Preparing to download artifact com.google.guava#guava;13.0!guava.jar
Preparing to download artifact com.carrotsearch#hppc;0.4.1!hppc.jar
Preparing to download artifact commons-io#commons-io;2.4!commons-io.jar
Preparing to download artifact commons-lang#commons-lang;2.4!commons-lang.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.apache.uima#uimaj-tools;2.4.0!uimaj-tools.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.springframework#spring-core;3.1.0.RELEASE!spring-core.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.springframework#spring-context;3.1.0.RELEASE!spring-context.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.apache.uima#uimaj-cpe;2.4.0!uimaj-cpe.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.apache.uima#uimaj-document-annotation;2.4.0!uimaj-document-annotation.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.apache.uima#uimaj-adapter-vinci;2.4.0!uimaj-adapter-vinci.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.apache.uima#jVinci;2.4.0!jVinci.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.springframework#spring-asm;3.1.0.RELEASE!spring-asm.jar
Preparing to download artifact commons-logging#commons-logging;1.1.1!commons-logging.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.springframework#spring-aop;3.1.0.RELEASE!spring-aop.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.springframework#spring-beans;3.1.0.RELEASE!spring-beans.jar
Preparing to download artifact org.springframework#spring-expression;3.1.0.RELEASE!spring-expression.jar
Preparing to download artifact aopalliance#aopalliance;1.0!aopalliance.jar
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
General error during conversion: Error grabbing Grapes -- [download failed: org.springframework#spring-asm;3.1.0.RELEASE!spring-asm.jar]

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error grabbing Grapes -- [download failed: org.springframework#spring-asm;3.1.0.RELEASE!spring-asm.jar]

I tried deleting .groovy/grapes/org.springframework  but get the same error
I don't see this as being friendly for new users if downloading dependencies is not so simple.