ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: cTAKES Groovy...
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:47:13 GMT
Thanks Richard for the pointer to that page.  I'm sure I will use it in future.

I flushed cache - did not help. I finally just copied over .groovy/grapes/edu.mit.findstruct
from another system and I am up and running.
Will try again in a  few days or weeks when I try another clean install test.

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-2307-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-2307-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Richard Eckart de Castilho
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:27 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: cTAKES Groovy...

I believe that Grape (like Maven) caches failures. It might be necessary to
delete any cached info on that artifact from your local grape repository
before you try again. Btw. there you might (or might not) be able to find
additional information on why the download failed.

Check out the trouble-shooting section in the DKPro Core Groovy recipe page:

http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/wiki/DKProGroovyCookbook#Trouble_shooting

on cache flushing and on enabling verbose information on Grape downloads.

-- Richard

On 12.12.2013, at 15:22, "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu> wrote:

> Shouldn't be firewall - other grapes download fine.
>
> I created a short groovy script to just grab findstructapi - I copy/pasted the @grab
line from from the Groovy Grape section of
> http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Cedu.mit.findstruct%7Cfindstructapi%7C0.0.1%7Cjar
>
> And I still get
>
> org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
> General error during conversion: Error grabbing Grapes -- [download failed: edu.mit.findstruct#findstructapi;0.0.1!findstructapi.jar]
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error grabbing Grapes -- [download failed: edu.mit.findstruct#findstructapi;0.0.1!findstructapi.jar]
>
> Very odd.
>
> My script is simply:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env groovy
> @Grab(group='edu.mit.findstruct', module='findstructapi', version='0.0.1')
> import java.io.File;
>
> 		if(args.length < 1) {
> 			System.out.println("Please specify input directory");
> 			System.exit(1);
> 		}
> 		System.out.println("Input parm is: " + args[0]);
> 		System.exit(0);

On Behalf Of William Karl Thompson
> Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:06 AM
> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
> Subject: RE: cTAKES Groovy...
>
> Seems unlikely to be the source of your problem, but could it be a firewall issue?

 is only needed for pre-OpenNLP 1.5.3 and should be removed when we upgrade to 1.5.3+. and
I'll update CTAKES-191 "Update Apache OpenNLP dependency to 1.5.3" with a  reminder to update
the script.

>> Trunk of cTAKES still uses 1.5.2-incubating

on OpenNLP 1.5.(1|2)-incubating.

>> Anyway, you should be able to fix it by adding this to the beginning of your Groovy
script, in front of the Grapes: