ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: cTAKES Groovy...
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 17:37:27 GMT
Sounds good to me. Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-2289-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-2289-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Tim Miller
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 11:36 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: cTAKES Groovy...

Sure, I checked it in under
ctakes-constituency-parser/scripts/groovy/parser.groovy per my
understanding of the thread from a few days go about where to put these
things.
Tim

On 12/06/2013 12:03 PM, Masanz, James J. wrote:
> Tim, could you check that change in you made to not download the big resources, or post
it somewhere temporarily.

> I'm having this issue when trying to run the  groovy script (I'm on Windows 7, if that
makes a difference) and having it faster might help debug.

is applicable for argument types: (sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream)
values: [sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream@74be95bf]
> Possible solutions: leftShift(java.lang.Object), leftShift(java.io.InputStream), leftShift([B)
> groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.io.BufferedOutputStream.rightShift()
is applicable for argument types: (sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream)
values: [sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream@74be95bf]
> Possible solutions: leftShift(java.lang.Object), leftShift(java.io.InputStream), leftShift([B)
>          at parser.downloadFile(parser.groovy:99)
>          at parser.run(parser.groovy:64)
>
> Anyone run into such an error from groovy? Anyone else running groovy on Win7?
>
> -- James

On Behalf Of Tim Miller
> Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 9:09 AM
> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
> Subject: Re: cTAKES Groovy...
>
> Very cool. I was noticing that it was downloading the umls resources which the parser
itself doesn't need -- so I made a change to not grab clinical-pipeline and grab directly
the things it was getting through that reference and now it runs even faster with only a 35M
initial download.

> I'd like to check in my change -- should we keep working out of sandbox or can we maybe
put groovy scripts somewhere alongside the projects they belong to? Maybe in the scripts/
directory or scripts/groovy, scripts/perl, etc.? Any opinions on this?