ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: cTakes: question on updating cue words
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:59:00 GMT
Paula,
My intention was not to add on any unnecessary additional administrative.  Feel free to make
any changes to your local copy as you see fit, but I think your suggestions such as new cue
words are valuable contributions in making cTAKES better even if it's just a 1 line code change.

Meritocracy is one of the pillars of the Apache Way [1] and one earns merit by contributing.
 In addition to tracking changes to the software, Jira is also a useful tool to ensure that
credit is properly attributed rightfully to their contributors.

--Pei
[1] http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#meritocracy

From: digital paula [mailto:cybersation@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 3:28 PM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org; dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: RE: cTakes: question on updating cue words

Hi Pei,

I don't consider this a bug so not sure why a jira ticket is needed, I just need to add 2
cue words wondering if I can do it manually?

Exploring a bit, I see there are .psv files in Assertion component in the  Cue_Words folder
that I updated but it doesn't seem to work.  I also added to the Semantic_Classes folder (in
Assertion as well), the cue words in the .txt file and that didn't work either.

One thing that I haven't tried is updating the cue words in the org.mitre.medfacts.i2b2.cuefiles
package for the jar file:  medfacts-i2b2-1.2.SNAPSHPOT.jar.  That would be a little more work
since I need to extract and rebuild jar file and add back to project.

I'm kind of on a huge deadline and hoping I can make these changes today so hoping this doesn't
require a lot of time to just add a couple cue words.

By the way, was is a .psv file?

Thanks.

Regards,
Paula