ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Miller <timothy.mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: cTAKES Groovy...
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:18:01 GMT
I have it in my .m2 directory timestamped October 2012. I believe the
most recent versions of grape will look in m2 and grab from there if it
exists.
Tim

On 12/06/2013 02:14 PM, Masanz, James J. wrote:
> Thanks Sean.
>
> Something doesn't seem to be working for me related to getting dependencies.
>
> I did a wget of the parser.groovy that Tim just checked in today.
>
> Then trying to run that groovy script I get this error:
>
> $  groovy parser.groovy  test-data-for-groovy/
> org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
> General error during conversion: Error grabbing Grapes -- [unresolved dependency: jwnl#jwnl;1.3.3:
not found]
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error grabbing Grapes -- [unresolved dependency: jwnl#jwnl;1.3.3:
not found]

> So I tried this (I'm no grape expert but a google search led to this suggestion) but
it fails:
> $ grape -V resolve   jwnl  jwnl 1.3.3
>
> I see the following issue was created by opennlp that looks related
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-510
> saying that jwnl:jwnl 1.3.3 is no longer available (!)
>
> What I don't get is why no one else is seeing this error.
> Maybe everyone else already had that in their local maven repos? Hard to believe though
given OPENNLP-510 is from May 2012.

> Fyi:
>
> $groovy --version
> Groovy Version: 1.8.6 JVM: 1.6.0_27 Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS: Linux

On Behalf Of Finan, Sean
> Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 11:19 AM
> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
> Subject: RE: cTAKES Groovy...
>
> Aside from a crash course almost 10 years ago, I haven't touched groovy very much.  However,
if you are having issues with" shifts" and files, you can look here:

> http://blog.retep.org/category/development/java/groovy/
>
> He defines what he calls shift operators for the file operations.
>
> For all I know this is where Pei got his code, but it might be worth checking if anybody
runs into errors.

On Behalf Of Masanz, James J.
> Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 11:03 AM
> To: 'dev@ctakes.apache.org'
> Subject: RE: cTAKES Groovy...
>
> Tim, could you check that change in you made to not download the big resources, or post
it somewhere temporarily.

> I'm having this issue when trying to run the  groovy script (I'm on Windows 7, if that
makes a difference) and having it faster might help debug.

is applicable for argument types: (sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream)
values: [sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream@74be95bf]
> Possible solutions: leftShift(java.lang.Object), leftShift(java.io.InputStream), leftShift([B)
> groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.io.BufferedOutputStream.rightShift()
is applicable for argument types: (sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream)
values: [sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream@74be95bf]
> Possible solutions: leftShift(java.lang.Object), leftShift(java.io.InputStream), leftShift([B)
>          at parser.downloadFile(parser.groovy:99)
>          at parser.run(parser.groovy:64)
>
> Anyone run into such an error from groovy? Anyone else running groovy on Win7?
>
> -- James

On Behalf Of Tim Miller
> Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 9:09 AM
> To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
> Subject: Re: cTAKES Groovy...
>
> Very cool. I was noticing that it was downloading the umls resources which the parser
itself doesn't need -- so I made a change to not grab clinical-pipeline and grab directly
the things it was getting through that reference and now it runs even faster with only a 35M
initial download.

> I'd like to check in my change -- should we keep working out of sandbox or can we maybe
put groovy scripts somewhere alongside the projects they belong to? Maybe in the scripts/
directory or scripts/groovy, scripts/perl, etc.? Any opinions on this?