ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Miller <timothy.mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: cTAKES Groovy...
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 15:09:09 GMT
Very cool. I was noticing that it was downloading the umls resources
which the parser itself doesn't need -- so I made a change to not grab
clinical-pipeline and grab directly the things it was getting through
that reference and now it runs even faster with only a 35M initial download.

I'd like to check in my change -- should we keep working out of sandbox
or can we maybe put groovy scripts somewhere alongside the projects they
belong to? Maybe in the scripts/ directory or scripts/groovy,
scripts/perl, etc.? Any opinions on this?

Tim

On 11/27/2013 12:19 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
> The sample constituency parser printer should be working now...
> Just copy and paste the text to parser.groovy and make it executable.
> All you should need is groovy installed on your machine.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/sandbox/groovy/parser.groovy
> $ parser.groovy input
> Reading from directory: input
>   (TOP (S (NP-SBJ (NN patient)) (VP (VBD took) (NP (NP (NNS 50mg)) (PP (IN of) (NP (NP
(NN aspirin)) (PP (IN for) (NP (NP (NN pain)) (PP-LOC (IN in) (NP (NN knee)))))))))(. .)))