ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From vijay garla <vnga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using umls dictionary lookup offline?
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 16:04:50 GMT
No need to write any new annotator, just point
org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup.ae.DictionaryLookupAnnotator at the
UMLS HSQL DB.

The UMLS password check is a very weak chastity belt.  For ytex, we make
umls resources available via a UTS password protected website - to get the
resources the user has to enter their UTS username/password which ensures
that the user has accepted the UMLS licenses.  I think making ctakes
resources available via a similar method would be more elegant.

-vj