ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: [CANCELLED][VOTE] Release Apache cTAKES 3.1.1
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:47:00 GMT

Seeing same behavior in apache ctakes 3.1.0, where "Miss. CM is a energetic young woman" ends
up being 2 sentences.

Looks like it is simply a case of expectedoutput contents not being updated in 3.1.0.

Note if I change the sentence to
"Mrs. CM is a energetic young woman"
then it shows as just one sentence.

It appears it is the incorrect use of a period after "Miss" that is causing the additional
sentence.

I will update the contents of the expectedoutput folder and do another build later today.

-- James

From: dev-return-2246-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [dev-return-2246-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
on behalf of Masanz, James J.
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 8:18 PM
To: 'dev@ctakes.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [CANCELLED][VOTE] Release Apache cTAKES 3.1.1

Fyi, the regression test phase is hitting errors - there are more Sentence annotations in
the newly generated output than what's in the expectedoutput directory

For example, doc1_07543210_sample_current.txt.xml starts with the text
"Miss. CM is a energetic young woman"
which used to all be part of the first sentence, but now, "Miss." is a sentence by itself.

I'll look into it on Tuesday.

-- James