ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Training new models
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 08:57:05 GMT
On 11/20/2013 09:53 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
> Re:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-268
> Joern- could you confirm- I think in the latest OpenNLP versions, you can simply call
something like
> SentenceModel.serialize(outputstream) now to save the models?

Yes, excatly, this how a model in OpenNLP should be serialized.

The proposed code inside the jira issue to save the model should really
not be used,
first of all the API to instantiate a Senence Detector of a model
serialized in this way
is deprecated and will be removed in the next version, and second this
creates a Sentence
Detector which uses default settings, if some non-default settings (e.g.
more EOS chars) are used
during training the settings don't match.

Jörn