ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From William Karl Thompson <...@northwestern.edu>
Subject RE: cTAKES Groovy...
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 03:44:13 GMT
That is very cool!

Since we're talking Groovy, I'd just like make a plug for Gradle, a fantastic build/deployment/dependency
management tool that is in many ways much nicer to work with than Maven, though it plays nicely
with Maven (for example, it can use Maven repositories). Gradle is also proven technology:
it's the build tool for the Android operating system.
From: Chen, Pei [Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:13 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: cTAKES Groovy...

Tim had a good end user use case:
I just want to use the ctakes constituency parser and output the tree text to console.
So I was inspired by Richard example of groovy...
Check out:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/sandbox/groovy/parser.groovy

The groovy script will "Automagically" download the required classes,jars,resources and automatically
runs.
No longer requires the user to have any knowledge of UIMA, cTAKES, etc.
Sample:
$ parser.groovy input
Reading from directory: input
patient took 50mg of aspirin for pain in knee.
begin:0 end:48

Pretty cool, 'eh...
--Pei