ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: cTAKES user interface
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 01:56:01 GMT
Thanks William and Richard, those are both really excellent pointers.
Tim

On 10/29/2013 07:58 PM, William Karl Thompson wrote:
> Nice!
>
> +1 for Groovy. It's like being able to program in Python again.

Groovy.

> We did some amazing self-contained Groovy scripts with uimaFIT and DKPro Core which you
might find interesting

>   http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/wiki/DKProGroovyCookbook
>
> -- Richard
>
> On 29.10.2013, at 23:09, "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu>
wrote:

>> I think this is also an area where Maven integration was a small step backwards (I
greatly appreciate the steps forward it allowed). I used to run stuff from the command line
and in scripts more often but it's slightly less straightforward setting up the classpath
with maven -- before you could put a simple java -cp lib/*.jar <class name> in a script,
now I'm not sure how to go about it using maven. I'm sure there's a way, but I am afraid of
falling down the maven rabbit hole.
>> Tim
>>

>> On Oct 29, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
>>
>>> +1
>>> Pan, the short answer is yes- it can be done in CLI.
>>> The problem is that most of us who are already familiar with the nitty gritty
are probably doing this with some sort of custom scripts or solution.
>>> Cc' the dev group to get a fresh perspective; not sure what the easiest would
be-- run the CPE via command line with default input/output directories or running a Driver
Main Class as part of examples.