ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pei Chen <chen...@apache.org>
Subject Common Type System across systems?
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 00:38:18 GMT
Richard, I, and few others had an interesting bar conversation...
In the spirit of interoperability, What if we had a baseline common type
system that could be reused across UIMA compatible NLP systems?
Imagine for a moment that OpenNLP, ClearTK, ClearNLP, DKPro, cTAKES etc. if
we could come up with a common baseline type system could be be reused?  It
may sound like a dream, but it could be doable-- if we could factor out and
find the common ground? Perhaps we could start with the syntactical
features... and then extend it for more specific domain use cases?

--Pei