ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Common Type System across systems?
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 01:17:01 GMT
We (ClearTK) talked with Richard (DKPro) about doing this for ClearTK
and DKPro. Basically, both groups were all for it, but the main issue
was time. Basically you need to:

(1) Have someone inspect the various type systems closely and make a proposal
(2) Agree on the proposal.
(3) Spend the time to re-write all the code to use the new type system.

Step (3) is especially time consuming, but in fact, we never managed
to get the free time for step (1).

That all said, ClearTK would love to share a common type system with
other projects.

Steve