ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From vijay garla <vnga...@gmail.com>
Subject move ytex annotators to ctakes.apache.org?
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 12:50:42 GMT
Hello All,

I'd like to contribute ytex to ctakes.  YTEX's main feature is the
ability to store *any* ctakes (or uima) annotation in a relational
database (in a relational format), and the ability to export these
annotations to ML packages (weka, libsvm, matlab, R).  All of this is
purely declarative/via configuration.

In addtion, Ytex provides the following:
* Negation Detection with Negex
* SegmentRegexAnnotator - section detection with regular expressions
* NamedEntityRegexAnnotator - named entity detection with regular expressions
* Sentence Splitter - modified ctakes sentence splitter making
sentence split patterns configurable (not hardcoded to \n)

YTEX currently works with ctakes 2.5; I would like to upgrade it to
the latest ctakes, and if the community is interested, contribute to
ctakes.apache.org.

A licensing question: YTEX uses Spring (apache 2.0 license), Hibernate
(lgpl 2.1), & weka (gpl).  Are there any issues with including these?

Cheers

vj