ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From vijay garla <vnga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: move ytex annotators to ctakes.apache.org?
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 23:06:51 GMT
Hi Pei,

The WSD annotator relies on the semantic similarity component, which
is a general purpose tool not strictly limited to ctakes or NLP.  I
would like to keep the semantic similarity component 'standalone',
i.e. with no dependencies on ctakes, and make it  redistributable on
its own.  If that is possible as part of ctakes, I'd love to move it.
If not, I'd leave the semantic similarity and the associated WSD
annotator on google code.

For those of you who want the back story:
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/13/261
http://jamia.bmj.com/content/20/5/882.long

-vj

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Chen, Pei
<Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> vj,
> Were you thinking of contributing the new ytext Word Sense Disambiguation component as
well- I think that will be really cool.