ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: cTAKES user interface
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 22:09:01 GMT
I think this is also an area where Maven integration was a small step backwards (I greatly
appreciate the steps forward it allowed). I used to run stuff from the command line and in
scripts more often but it's slightly less straightforward setting up the classpath with maven
-- before you could put a simple java -cp lib/*.jar <class name> in a script, now I'm
not sure how to go about it using maven. I'm sure there's a way, but I am afraid of falling
down the maven rabbit hole.
Tim

On Oct 29, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:

> +1
> Pan, the short answer is yes- it can be done in CLI.
> The problem is that most of us who are already familiar with the nitty gritty are probably
doing this with some sort of custom scripts or solution.
> Cc' the dev group to get a fresh perspective; not sure what the easiest would be-- run
the CPE via command line with default input/output directories or running a Driver Main Class
as part of examples.