ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Common Type System across systems?
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 14:41:18 GMT
At the time that Steven, Philip and I had our conversation, I committed to do the work and
to come up with a proposal. For quite some time I had no time to work on this, but actually,
an analysis the design of several UIMA type systems has meanwhile been done. As this is part
of ongoing research, I cannot share this with the general public right now, but will be more
than happy to do it as soon as I can. I'll also still be happy to take the lead (or at least
one of the leads) on the proposal. As for a time frame, I think getting an initial suggestion
ready around Q1 2014 is realistic.

In my opinion, ClearTK, cTAKES and DKPro Core all bring in distinct design choices that should
be combinable with each other for an extensible base type system. I'd personally not suggest
to take any of the type systems as is (without modifications) as the basis for a proposal.

-- Richard