ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Synonymous terms
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:22:34 GMT
Just in case it wasn't clear, when I said it only contains SNOMED-CT codes, I pointing out
that it doesn't have entries for ICD9 or MeSH or NCI Thesaurus, even though those are used
when doing the dictionary lookup.  I wasn't thinking about the codes vs. text part.

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-2126-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-2126-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Chen, Pei
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:17 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org; 'samir chabou'
Subject: RE: Synonymous terms

> if I need to get term name do I have to do a lookup on umls ?
FYI: I was proposing adding an additional attribute to store the description/preferredText(term)
[1] since this information is already available in the dictionary lookup.
I think most folks would find this useful in additional to just saving the CUI/Code. Otherwise,
they would have to do another lookup further downstream to get the description of the CUI/Code.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-224
--Pei

Diseases of the