ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: CTAKES-248- include original covered text of NEs which can't be recovered post if NE is from a disjoint span
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 19:37:21 GMT
Yes, this would help address that multiple permutations example.  The new getOriginalText method
would return something like "Acute|Disease".  Right now I'm thinking of just using vertical
bar as delimiter, to start with at least, but think it should be configurable.

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-2067-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-2067-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Chen, Pei
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 9:38 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: CTAKES-248- include original covered text of NEs which can't be recovered post if
NE is from a disjoint span

This sounds pretty cool.
James, will this address the multiple permutations lookup example:
"Acute alcoholic liver disease."  There is a cui: C0001314: Acute Disease, but if you getCoveredText(),
on the UMLSConcept, you would actually get the same "Acute alcoholic liver disease" instead
of "Acute Disease".
So, there is a new field called getOriginalText() that matched the hit?