ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Sundry
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:59:45 GMT
Hi John,
I was away for a little bit and finally got a chance to catch up on emails...

> 2) I work for the DoD and have latched on to several IRB approved projects
> within that community where Ill be using cTakes, though minimally at first.
> This is just a statement, a bug in the ear of the community of what people
> are up to.
This is really news!  Looking forward to hearing more...

> has anyone considered (and maybe the components already do this in some way I
> haven't explored yet - time is ever limited) adding an OPQRST classifier?
I'm not too familiar on how OPQRST would be determined from the patient's record.
Just curious, how is it currently determined manually now?  Is it a single score determined
by a formula/rule(s)?
Seems like another good use case for cTAKES output-- clinically focused.
--Pei