ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject CTAKES-224 - Common Type System - Add field to save preferredText in IdentifiedAnnotation
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 21:31:12 GMT
Hi,
When I first added this Jira, it was intended to optionally save the atom/text from the UMLS
dictionary. I originally had it in the IdentifiedAnnotation, but realized that IdentifiedAnnotation
could contain and OntologyArray of UmlsConcepts.  So I think we should add preferredText in
UmlsConcept instead of IdentifiedAnnotation.
[This will be useful for those would like the UMLS text along with the CUI/Code save since
it's already available and won't have to do a secondary lookup futher downstream]
What does folks think before I go ahead and make that change-  I was thinking of adding to
the TypeSystem.xml first (the code hasn't been modified to populate it yet).

--Pei