ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McMurry <mcmurry.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cTAKES user interface
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 21:40:49 GMT
In my opinion, this user request is totally reasonable.

Download time aside, it should take NO LONGER THAN 15 MINUTES to get started with cTakes.

True, cTakes is massively powerful and UMLS is a license headache. Nonetheless!

This keeps coming up, we should strongly consider an improved VM distribution option so folks
can get online with "copy-paste" text ready applications on their local machine.

IT WOULD BE A GAME CHANGER IN A GOOD WAY

I'm strongly considering making an Ubuntu 13.10 cTakes distribution for my own work, would
others want this as well?
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Yes I know thats a tall order, but its true ! :)

We dont have to provide the full UMLS instance, just the non-commercial dictionaries.
Just get new users "hooked on cTakes" with ICD9 diagnoses, procedures, medications annotations.

How do the other committers feel about this?

PS: I'm back and with more vigor++

On Oct 29, 2013, at 2:02 PM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Hi Pan,
> Fwd'ing to dev@

can use cTAKES system just in the terminal window by typing some command line including input
and then the output data can be generated? Your kindly reply will be appreciated.