ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Lingren, Todd" <Todd.Ling...@cchmc.org>
Subject RE: cTAKES user interface
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:51:46 GMT
Hi all,
Sean Finan (I think is on this group) already wrote a command line CPE runner like Pei described.
I've been using it and would be happy to provide some user guides if he provides the class,etc.

Todd Lingren
Biomedical Informatics
Cincinnati Children's Hospital
Todd.Lingren@cchmc.org
513-803-9032

-----Original Message-----
From: Miller, Timothy [mailto:Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:56 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: cTAKES user interface

Thanks William and Richard, those are both really excellent pointers.
Tim

On 10/29/2013 07:58 PM, William Karl Thompson wrote:
> Nice!
>
> +1 for Groovy. It's like being able to program in Python again.

Groovy.

> We did some amazing self-contained Groovy scripts with uimaFIT and DKPro Core which you
might find interesting

>   http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/wiki/DKProGroovyCookbook
>
> -- Richard
>
> On 29.10.2013, at 23:09, "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu>
wrote:

>> I think this is also an area where Maven integration was a small step backwards (I
greatly appreciate the steps forward it allowed). I used to run stuff from the command line
and in scripts more often but it's slightly less straightforward setting up the classpath
with maven -- before you could put a simple java -cp lib/*.jar <class name> in a script,
now I'm not sure how to go about it using maven. I'm sure there's a way, but I am afraid of
falling down the maven rabbit hole.
>> Tim
>>

>> On Oct 29, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
>>
>>> +1
>>> Pan, the short answer is yes- it can be done in CLI.
>>> The problem is that most of us who are already familiar with the nitty gritty
are probably doing this with some sort of custom scripts or solution.
>>> Cc' the dev group to get a fresh perspective; not sure what the easiest would
be-- run the CPE via command line with default input/output directories or running a Driver
Main Class as part of examples.