ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Common Type System across systems?
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 12:17:12 GMT
On 10/01/2013 02:38 AM, Pei Chen wrote:
> Richard, I, and few others had an interesting bar conversation...
> In the spirit of interoperability, What if we had a baseline common type
> system that could be reused across UIMA compatible NLP systems?
> Imagine for a moment that OpenNLP, ClearTK, ClearNLP, DKPro, cTAKES etc. if
> we could come up with a common baseline type system could be be reused?  It
> may sound like a dream, but it could be doable-- if we could factor out and
> find the common ground? Perhaps we could start with the syntactical
> features... and then extend it for more specific domain use cases?

The OpenNLP UIMA AEs don't depend on a specific type system, I believe
they can just
be configured to work with the cTAKEs type system out of the box.

There is a jira for doing that with descriptors for the POSTagger,
Sentence Detector and Chunker.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-98

The Sentence Detector might need a bit more work to work with the new
line modification you need for
cTAKEs, but I guess that can easily be done for the next OpenNLP release
if there is a need.

Jörn