ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Vogel, James" <JVo...@activehealth.net>
Subject RE: Synonymous terms
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 19:17:24 GMT
To quickly get a larger mapping of ICD9 from all the SNOMED-CT codes that cTAKES finds I did
a post processing step using the maps at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/mapping_projects/icd9cm_to_snomedct.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Masanz, James J. [mailto:Masanz.James@mayo.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:42 PM
To: 'dev@ctakes.apache.org'; 'samir chabou'
Subject: RE: Synonymous terms

Maybe an example is best.

There is a term in  MeSH "Progeria-Like Syndrome"
The CUI for that is C0009207

That term (using those words) does not appear in SNOMED-CT.
But there is at least one SNOMED-CT term (Cockayne syndrome, with code 21086008) associated
with that CUI within the UMLS metathesaurus.
Therefore cTAKES will annotate "Progeria-Like Syndrome" with CUI C0009207and also cTAKES will
list the SNOMED-CT codes that are associated with that CUI, even though none of the SNOMED-CT
terms associated with the CUI C0009207 contain the word "like".

However, the MeSH code (D003057) for "Progeria-Like Syndrome" will not be included within
the CAS.

Hope that helps
-- James