ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From William Karl Thompson <...@northwestern.edu>
Subject RE: cTAKES user interface
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 23:58:04 GMT
Nice!

+1 for Groovy. It's like being able to program in Python again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Eckart de Castilho [mailto:rec@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:49 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: cTAKES user interface

Maven allows to do marvelous things on the CLI, provided you throw in an additional component:
Groovy.

We did some amazing self-contained Groovy scripts with uimaFIT and DKPro Core which you might
find interesting

  http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/wiki/DKProGroovyCookbook

-- Richard

On 29.10.2013, at 23:09, "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

> I think this is also an area where Maven integration was a small step backwards (I greatly
appreciate the steps forward it allowed). I used to run stuff from the command line and in
scripts more often but it's slightly less straightforward setting up the classpath with maven
-- before you could put a simple java -cp lib/*.jar <class name> in a script, now I'm
not sure how to go about it using maven. I'm sure there's a way, but I am afraid of falling
down the maven rabbit hole.
> Tim
>

> On Oct 29, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:
>
>> +1
>> Pan, the short answer is yes- it can be done in CLI.
>> The problem is that most of us who are already familiar with the nitty gritty are
probably doing this with some sort of custom scripts or solution.
>> Cc' the dev group to get a fresh perspective; not sure what the easiest would be--
run the CPE via command line with default input/output directories or running a Driver Main
Class as part of examples.