ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From samir chabou <samir...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Synonymous terms
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 00:15:49 GMT
thanks James, definitively these explanations helps

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:42:48 PM, "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu>
wrote:

Maybe an example is best.

There is a term in  MeSH "Progeria-Like Syndrome"
The CUI for that is C0009207

That term (using those words) does not appear in SNOMED-CT.
But there is at least one SNOMED-CT term (Cockayne syndrome, with code 21086008) associated
with that CUI within the UMLS metathesaurus.
Therefore cTAKES will annotate "Progeria-Like Syndrome" with CUI C0009207and also cTAKES will
list the SNOMED-CT codes that are associated with that CUI, even though none of the SNOMED-CT
terms associated with the CUI C0009207 contain the word "like".

However, the MeSH code (D003057) for "Progeria-Like Syndrome" will not be included within
the CAS.

Hope that helps
-- James