ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From samir chabou <samir...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Synonymous terms
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 23:33:13 GMT
thanks James for the info.,
do you know if there is a way in cTAKES to allow me getting the synonyms for a given CUI ?
  or should i try to use an external API that could do that ?

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:55:54 AM, "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu>
wrote:

ontologyConceptArray only contains SNOMED-CT codes (except for medications, where it contains
RxNorm codes or CUIs)

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-return-2119-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:dev-return-2119-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of samir chabou
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 6:59 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Fw: Synonymous terms

On Monday, October 21, 2013 7:58:01 PM, samir chabou <samirchb@yahoo.com> wrote:

Synonymous
terms

Given a C0001621 I need to get its synonyms terms for example
in MeSH, ICD, SNOMED (as shown bellow)…Is that possible ?

Synonymous
terms  Adrenal gland diseases                     MeSH  D000307
Diseases of the adrenal glands        SNOMED DB-70000

  Are  the
synonyms kept in ontologyConceptArray ?  If yes, then in the ontologyConceptArray the
information displayed is about identifier (code, cui, tui, oid …) if I need to
get term name do I have to do a lookup on umls ?
thanks
Samir