ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From samir chabou <samir...@yahoo.com>
Subject implementation of << affects>> relation
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 21:38:50 GMT
Hi Pei, Dimitry and any other that may help on
this …
Currently I’m using cTAKES to semantically   analyze
a medical question and then try to map it to PICO structure based on different
medical type (relations, NE) identified in the question. I’m interested in extending
the ctakes-relation-extractor project in order to handle the << affects>> relation
of the UMLS
semantic network.
First of all is that possible?
If yes,
what is the involvement?  My plan is:
1)      To proceed with the implementation locally and
then check it in to be validated and deployed later (if it’s approved).
2)      How ever I’m not very familiar with the subject
matter on how UMLS semantic relations are implemented in cTAKES. Is the << affects>>
relation will follow the same logic than LocationOfRelation  and DegreeOfLocation?  Which
kind of IdentifiedAnnotation that the <<
affects>> relation will relates?  It
would be very appreciated if some one guides me on this matter.

Thanks Samir