ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Assur, Ted" <Theodore.As...@providence.org>
Subject 3.0 --> 3.1
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 23:34:07 GMT
Hi:

Although we're testing a proof of concept with version 3.0 right now, I ran into a couple
issues in parsing with the AggregatePlanTextUMLSProcessor. In testing the same processing
with 3.1, I see significant improvements in performance and accuracy, but schema changes in
the output.

Specifically, we've been focusing on EntityMention output in 3.0. In addition to finding things
the previous version did not, 3.1 is parsing into EntityMention and EventMention, and identifying
more specifically DiseaseDisorders and AnatomicalSites.

This is very exciting and I'm thrilled, but I'd like to know where I can find the documentation
on these specific changes between 3.0 and 3.1 to help minimize development changes in our
current work.

Thank you!

Ted Assur
IT Solutions Architect for Cancer Research
Providence Health & Services
ted.assur@providence.org
503-215-6476

Crede, ut intelligas.
Intellego, ut credam.

This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the addressee you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute
to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete this message.