ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Spurrier <robert.spurr...@explorys.com>
Subject Re: Creating Runnable .JARs From A Subset of cTAKES Maven Modules
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 15:02:54 GMT
Hello Pei,

My plan is to use cTAKES source and expand upon it with additional custom
annotator modules.

So I would like a build process where I can selectively define what parts
I want to use, and then compile a jar from source with just those items
(and all their dependencies of course). In the program that runs the
pipelines, I am thinking I will use uimaFit to instantiate the objects I
need which are located in the jar, and then pass text into those objects
for processing.

Essentially I would like to have Maven build files for each of my custom
pipelines. Here's an example. My end goal is to be able to compile my LVEF
pipeline, my Discharge Summary pipeline, and my Lab Results pipeline, all
from the same set of source modules, but generate 3 different jars that
contain only the resources I need for each respective pipeline.

It seems that the general cTAKES object model is completely based around
creating the 'ctakes-clinical-pipeline'. So maybe it doesn't make sense
for me to try to shimmy my custom build files in with the cTAKES project.
What do you think?

Thanks,
Rob