ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Pei Chen <chen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache cTAKES Sept 2013
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:09:56 GMT
> Is the new dep parser/SRL a new model? Or was that sentence a copy/paste

> error?

It's a copy and paste error.  Feel free to update it to reflect the recent
release.

 > I suggest we have a 3.1.1 release to roll in any simple bug fixes that
don't

> require much doc change at all.

I think that's a good idea.  Feel free to rename the pom's.xml in trunk to
reflect the {placeholder} name.

> That will make 3.2.0 easier to release. And also provide earlier fixes to
folks.

> I also suggest having a .1 release be our typical release model - a .1
release

> for bug fixes.

The name of the future release is just a {placeholder} in the pom.xml, the
actual name gets created when the RM cuts the release/branch based on the
changes.  I think cutting release should be much smoother now and we'll
probably release more often, I agree, I think we can default the name of
future release to be also an increments of a patch.

> I see advantages to having a new release manager for any .1 release, but
also

> see that for efficiency sake, it would be good to have the release manager

> for a .0 and a .1 be the same.

>  I am willing to be release manager for a 3.1.1 release.

Thanks!  No objections or preferences-  As long as someone steps up and is
willing to do it :)..

--Pei